Prep Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 1 serving
Impress friends with this elegantly displayed sushi in a martini glass.
- about ½ cup prepared sushi rice
- 2 tsp masago
- about 2 ounces albacore tuna, lightly seared
- about ½ in bundle of matchstick cut cucumber
- 1 thin slice of tamago (Japanese omelet), pressed through a fine sieve
- finely shredded daikon for garnish
- pickled ginger for garnish
- wasabi, optional
- ponzu sauce for dipping
- To assemble chirashi, place ½ tsp masago in the bottom of the martini glass.
- Gently press sushi rice into glass.
- Rice should fill about ⅔ of the glass.
- Spread tamago across the surface of the rice.
- Begin with the back of your presentation by placing a mound of shredded daikon on top of the rice between the 12 o’clock and 1 o’clock position.
- Next, mound the remaining masago in about the three o’clock position.
- Mound pickled ginger between the 9 o’clock and 10 o’clock position.
- Carefully lay cucumber bundle across the top of the pickled ginger, being careful not to flatten the ginger.
- Cut albacore tuna into desired size slices.
- Carefully prop them up in the 6 o’clock position.
- If necessary, adjust presentation slightly so that the entire surface of the rice is covered.
- Serve with wasabi if desired and ponzu sauce for dipping.