Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 hours
Yields: 4 servings
Yes, it takes a long time to prepare, but the wait is worth it.
- 3 cups dried azuki beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1. Soak beans in cold water overnight.
2. Drain beans and add to crockpot along with olive oil, ginger, garlic, onion, and cumin. Cover with 2 quarts of water and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until beans are tender.
3. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add lime juice and cilantro prior to serving.