Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 5 teaspoons wakame seaweed or 2 teaspoons wakame seaweed flakes
- 2 cups water
- 5 cups of onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup carrots, diced
- 1½ tablespoons mugi miso (or 6 tbsp + ½ tsp hacho, genmai or shiro miso)
- 3 tablespoons green onions, finely sliced
- Optional ingredients:
- Rinse wakame; soak in cold water to cover for 5 minutes and dice, or if using flakes, add directly.
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add onions and wakame; simmer 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots and simmer 5 more minutes; reduce heat to very low.
- Add miso and simmer 2 minutes (put out a fire before adding miso, do not boil after adding miso).
- Garnish with green onions.