Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 2 blocks silken tofu
- 1 cup dashi soup stock
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp mirin
- 1 Tbsp potato starch/corn starch and 1Tbsp water, mixed
- 1 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1/4 cup potato starch or corn starch
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
1. First drain tofu: wrap tofu with paper towels and place it on a cutting board. Put another cutting board or plate on top of the tofu and let sit for about 15 minutes.
2. Place kombu dashi, soy sauce, and mirin in a sauce pan and bring to a boil.
3. Add starch mixture in the sauce and stir quickly. Stop the heat.
4. Dry tofu with paper towels and cut each tofu in half.
5. Dust tofu with potato starch.
6. Heat oil in 350 degrees F in a wok or large skillet. Deep-fry tofu until they turn light brown.
7. Place each fried tofu in small dish and pour the sauce over it.
8. Garnish with grated ginger and serve.