Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
A welcome change from miso soup, enoki mushroom soup is the perfect defense against the cold weather.
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- dash of thyme
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 1 package Enoki mushrooms
- 1 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp dry sherry
- chopped parsley for garnish
1. Saute onion in butter in large saucepan until onions are translucent and slightly browned.
2. Add thyme, bay leaf, salt, paprika, wine and all but ¼ cup chicken broth to sautéed onions. Cover mixture and allow to simmer for 15 minutes.
3. Remove bay leaf and add remaining ¼ cup chicken broth and flour. Stir until mixture begins to thicken.
4. Add enoki mushrooms and simmer for 1 minute.
5. Stir in milk and sherry.
6. Turn heat down to low; do not boil.
7. Garnish with chopped parsley (optional).