Yields: 4-6 servings
Flavorful and delicious, this quick and easy sauce perfectly complements all meats and even (steamed) rice!
- 3 tbsp soy margarine
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tbsp finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 8 oz fresh shiitake Mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
- 6 tbsp soy sauce
- 3/4 cup soy milk
- 3/4 cup silken tofu
- 3 tbsp lime juice
1. Process soy milk and tofu together in a blender until smooth.
2. Add soy margarine, green onions, cilantro, ginger and chopped garlic to skillet and saute until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
3. Mix in Mushrooms and soy sauce and simmer 30 seconds.
4. Add soymilk/tofu mixture and simmer about 3 minutes. Stir in lime juice and allow to simmer no more than 5 minutes.