Gomaae means "sesame dressing". Although there are several types of gomaae dishes, the most popular is Gomaae with spinach.This is great as a healthy snack or appetizer!
- 2 large bunches of fresh spinach, washed thoroughly and stems removed
- toasted sesame seeds
- ¼ cup sake
- ½ cup toasted sesame seeds
- 4 tsp liquid sweetener (brown rice syrup is best)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice vinegar
- water to thin, if necessary
- First, steam the spinach until just wilted.
- Remove from heat and rinse under cold water to refresh.
- Chop into one inch thick strips and place in a bowl.
- For the dressing, heat the sake until just boiling (to simmer off the alcohol), and set aside.
- In your blender or food processor, grind the sesame seeds until they are a paste, then add the sake and all other ingredients and process until smooth.
- Stir this into the steamed and chopped spinach, then portion out into four small bowls, and sprinkle with extra sesame seeds.
- Chill until ready to serve.