- 2 shiitake mushrooms , Stems removed and chopped
- 2 cups of chopped stems of shiitake mushrooms
- 1 Shimeji Mushroom , washed and seperate
- 2 Matsutake Mushroom , Washed and Thinly Sliced
- 1 Burdock Root , Scrubbed and shaved
- 1 Parsnips , Washed , Peeled and shaved
- 1 Carrot , Washed , Peeled and shaved
- A pinch of dried cilantro
- A pinch of dried mint
- A drizzle of oil
- 1/8 teaspoon of sake
- 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
- A pinch of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of capers
- 2 cups of grated Parmesan Grated
- 1 cup of panko bread crumbs
- 1 Lotus Root
- 1 Taro Root
- 2 tablespoon of vinegar
1. Put the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and toss with cilantro and mint. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Heat the oil in the wok add the vegetable mixture , Sake , Soy sauce , Salt , pepper and capers and cook until the vegetables are tender.
3. Put the Mixture into a greased ramekin and sprinkle with parmesan cheese and panko bread crumbs.
4. Baked the gratins in the oven until it is golden brown.
5. Peeled the Lotus Root and Taro root and thinly sliced them, Put these together in the bowl with 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
6. Add the vinegar and the lotus root and taro root to the boiling water and cook until soft. Drain.
7. To serve put the lotus root and the taro root on top of the Gratins.