Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
I like this recipe because it's light and easy. Although these are Japanese style green beans, they also go really well with non-Japanese cuisine.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 pound fresh green beans, washed
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
1. Warm a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
2. Once the skillet is hot, pour in vegetable and sesame oils, then place whole green beans into the skillet. Stir the beans to coat with oil, and cook for 10 minutes or until the beans are bright green and slightly browned in spots.
3. Remove from heat and stir in soy sauce. Cover and let sit about 5 minutes.
4. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.