Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
I first had this soup at a Japanese restaurant in New York, although I don't remember the name. Of course this is not the EXACT recipe, but I've worked on it for years and I'm pretty sure it's as close as it can get.
- 1 tablespoon Hon-Dashi
- 3 cups water
- 3 spring onions, sliced finely
- 3 fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 7 oz. silken tofu, cubed
- 1 tablespoon Dulse Flakes
1. In a saucepan, add the hon-dashi to the water and let it heat up.
2. Once the dashi has dissolved, add the spring onions and shiitake. Simmer for a couple of minutes before adding the tofu and dulse flakes.
3. Continue cooking on a low heat until the ingredients have warmed through. Serve immediately.