Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
Who knew that rice in an omelet could taste so good? Although this is a traditional Japanese lunch item, smaller servings of this delicious treat can serve as a side dish. Enjoy!
- 4 cups steamed Japanese rice / or 4 cups steamed Cauliflower "rice"!
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast
- 1 green peppers, chopped
- 4 white mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- 4 Tbsp. ketchup
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 8 eggs
1. Cook steamed rice or cauliflower "rice" as directed.
2. Cut chicken into small pieces.
3. Chop green pepper.
4. Slice mushrooms thinly.
5. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet and sauté chicken. Add onion, mushrooms, and green pepper in the skillet and sauté together until tender.
6. Add steamed rice/cauliflower rice in the pan and stir-fry together. Sprinkle some salt and pepper. Stop the heat and add ketchup and mix well. Set the seasoned rice aside.
7. Heat 1 tsp of vegetable oil in a large skillet. Beat two eggs in a small bowl and pour the egg in the skillet. Quickly spread the egg and make a round omelet.
8. Place 1/4 of the seasoned rice or cauliflower "rice" in the middle of the omelet. Fold top and bottom sides of omelet over the rice. Cover the frying pan with a plate and turn them over to place the omurice in the plate.
9. Repeat this process to make four omurice(s).
10. Serve and top with ketchup (optional).