Prep Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yields: 5-6 servings
During the sweltering days of summer, chilled tofu can be quite delightful as a side dish. This simple marinated tofu is equally delicious unadorned or sprinkled as desired with sesame seeds and thinly chopped scallions. Serve on a chilled plate or in a bowl filled with ice cubes and citrus wedges.
- Place tofu cubes in a medium sized, non-metal bowl.
- Pour ponzu over tofu making sure that tofu is completely submerged.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap and set in refrigerator for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, pour liquid from the tofu, reserving ponzu for another use.
- Keep tofu refrigerated tightly covered until ready to use.