Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 1 pound broccoli stems, peeled and cut into 1/4 by 1/4 by 2-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon chile paste
- 1 tablespoon rice wine
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon finely ground Sichuan peppercorns
- 1/2 pound fresh enoki mushrooms, stems trimmed
1. Heat a wok (or deep sauté pan) on a high setting. Add oil.
2. Add ginger, garlic, green onions and stir fry to wok and stir fry for 30 seconds.
3. Add broccoli and stir-fry for 1 minute.
4. Stir in chili paste, rice wine, soy sauces, sugar, and salt to taste. Allow mixture to simmer for 1 minute, and pour in water. Continue to cook for 3 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
5. Add enoki mushrooms and mix well.
6. Serve immediately.